We’re gearing up for the Hampton’s international Film Festival and have a bonanza of tickets to give away! Enter to win by submitting your favorite picture, drawing or short film (less than 5 minutes) of Montauk. Please include captions, titles or descriptions of your submissions. Winning submissions may be published in our next print issue of On Montauk and/or posted online at OnMontauk.com and Social Media. Promotion ends September 7, 2018. Hampton International Film Festival film selection will be released mid-September by HIFF.
Prizes for a Total of 8 Winners
Each year, HIFF hosts the biggest names in the industry. Now in its 26th year, HIFF continues to play a part in the awards season, with the eventual Academy Award Best Picture having screened 8 years in a row. This year, HIFF films won in EVERY major live-action Oscar category—the only festival in the world to do so. As the only Hamptons event that covers every town simultaneously, HIFF extends for five days and screens nearly 150 films to 30,000 attendees.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- HOW TO ENTER: Enter by registering for the promotion at https://onmontauk.com/2018hiff/ and uploading your entry. All entries must be in digital form. All digital files must be a minimum of one megabytes and no bigger than 5 megabytes, must be in jpeg or pdf format. No purchase necessary to enter. All information must be provided; incomplete entries are ineligible. Contest will run from July 30, 2018 until September 7, 2018. Only one entry per person and per email address. In the case of conflict, prize will be awarded to the owner of the email address. False or deceptive accounts or entries shall render entry ineligible.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: The winners will be selected on or about 9:00 AM (EST), September 8, 2018, by On Montauk based on SELECTION CRITERIA. The selection of the winning entries shall be within the sole and absolute discretion of On Montauk, whose decisions shall be final. The Winning Entries may be published, in the sole and absolute discretion of the On Montauk, in connection with editorial content and/or advertising. Winner will be notified by e-mail or phone. Odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries. If On Montauk is to contact any Winner to notify the winner that he or she has been selected as the Winner, or if any notification is returned as undeliverable, for any reason beyond On Montauk’s control, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate. Sponsor shall have the right to accept any entry, publish it in On Montauk or display it online at OnMontauk.com, and promote it on On Montauk’s social media channels. Selection of entries to be used or featured shall be in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, and Sponsor shall have no obligation to use or display any entry, whether or not it is a winning entry. Sponsor shall have a perpetual, royalty free license to use any entry, and to alter, change, rework or create derivative works of the entry, as follows: (a) or in connection with On Montauk or its associated website, located at OnMontauk.com, or any other electronic or other platform now know or hereinafter derived that is owned or operated by Sponsor; (b) on or in connection with materials promoting Sponsor or On Montauk; (c) in books, magazines, social media, newsletters, and all other media now known or hereinafter derived. Entrants warrant that the entry is their own original work, has not been previously published, and does not contain any trademarks, logos, copyrighted material, or any other intellectual property belonging to any third party, or any material, which Sponsor in its sole discretion, deems to be profane or offensive. Entrants, who in the opinion of Sponsor, do not comply with these Rules can at any time be excluded from consideration without notice. The decisions of Sponsor are final and binding.
- PRIZE: A total of 8 winners will be picked. Film selections will be announced mid-September by Hampton International Film Festival. One grand prize winner will receive “The First Dibs Companion Package” which includes: 8 tickets to General Film Screenings or Panels, 4 tickets to one (1) Spotlight Film Screenings, 2 tickets to the Opening Night Film screening, and 2 invitations to an Official HIFF Party. One second prize winner will receive one pair of invitations to an Official HIFF Party and one pair of tickets to the Opening Night Film screening. Two winners will each receive one pair of tickets to any Spotlight Film Screenings. Four winners will each receive one pair of tickets to General Film Screenings or Panels. Prizes cannot be substituted for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute any prize for a prize of equal or greater value, selected in its sole discretion. Taxes and fees, if any, including all travel expenses, are the sole responsibility of prize winner. The Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to any prize. Winners hereby release the Sponsor and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, wholesalers, retailers, officers, directors, agents, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest from any and all liability with respect to, or in any way arising from, this Contest and/or acceptance or use of the prize, including liability for personal injury, death, damages, or monetary loss.
- ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to individual legal residents of the fifty United States and/or the District of Columbia who have attained the age of 18 years or older as of the promotion beginning date, excluding employees (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of Sponsor, its respective affiliates, agents, judges and advertising and promotion agencies.By entering this Contest, Entrant warrants and represents that: (i) the entry submitted is original and was created by Entrant, and has not previously been sold, assigned, licensed, pledged or otherwise encumbered; (ii) Entrant has sufficient rights in such photographs, drawings or video (including but not limited to the copyright therein) to grant the Sponsor the right to publish such submission for any purposes, including advertising; Entries that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud, provided entrants must be prepared to provide a release form; when photographing, drawing or filming the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close-up of another person’s art; and (iii) grants the right to use his/her image and the photograph in connection with editorial content and/or advertising sponsored by the Sponsor.If the entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the entry, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the entry in the manner set forth in these Official Rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any entry is under the age of majority in their state of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release. Upon Sponsor’s request, each entrant must be prepared to provide (within seven (7) calendar days of receipt of Sponsor’s request) such signed release. All federal, state and local laws and regulations of the United States apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. In the event that the Contest is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority, Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Contest, or to disqualify participants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such event, Sponsor shall have no liability to any entrants who are disqualified due to such an action. By entering this Contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final, binding and conclusive on all matters.
- VERIFICATION OF WINNER AND DELIVERY OF PRIZE: Winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and a Publicity Release. Prize may be awarded to alternate winner if the Affidavit and Release is not returned within five (5) days after notification by email or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued to the prize winner in the amount of the value of the prize, if greater than $750, for the tax year in which the prize is awarded. Each winner agrees to Sponsor’s use of their name, address, likeness, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law.
- GENERAL: This contest is void outside the United States, where prohibited or restricted by law or company policy and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage-due, misdirected or entries not received in time for the random drawing. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and a random drawing will be held from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Contest. By participating in this Promotion, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules. Any questions regarding the sweepstakes should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inclusion of email address indicates permission to send notices from On Montauk. On Montauk will not rent or sell names, mailing addresses, e-mail addresses or other contact information to third party advertisers. On Montauk will share names, e-mail addresses or other contact information with third party advertisers in connection with a joint promotion between On Montauk and the third party advertiser.
- Winners list. Entrants are responsible for complying with these Official Rules. Winners’ names will be available online at OnMontauk.com, on or about September 16, 2018.
- SPONSOR: Montauk Publishing, Inc., P.O. Box 2544, Montauk, NY 11954 email@example.com